Staff Cloud Engineer
Vestmark is actively seeking an experienced Staff Cloud Engineer to join our team in the FinTech sector. As a experienced engineer in this space, you will play a critical role in building, implementing, and managing our cloud infrastructure and solutions on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of AWS services, excellent problem-solving skills, and a strong understanding of best practices for hosted services and security requirements.
The Vestmark Managed Services Team is a small team dedicated to the daily operation of hosting the VestmarkONE Platform and its supporting infrastructure in data center and AWS. The team is responsible for the design, provisioning, monitoring, and operations of infrastructure, networks, and databases to support the VestmarkONE SaaS Platform. The team offers a great opportunity to experience a wide range of technologies and challenges as we strive to provide world class hosted services to our growing customer base. Scalability, Security, and Disaster Recovery are the fundamental challenges the team takes on every day.
- Cloud Design: Own pieces of technical design and hosted services on cloud architecture following AWS's Well Architected Framework
- Service Level Management: Assist in the analysis, tuning, and operationalization of hosted services to ensure adherence to business requirements and milestones.
- Objective Awareness: Drive the technical team's priorities to align with company objectives and values while acting as a mentor to other engineers.
- Infrastructure Deployment: Own critical aspects of our technology deployment pipeline in areas requiring process automation, end to end infrastructure readiness, business continuity, monitoring, and security.
- Enterprise Integrations: Development of scripts to automate and facilitate integration between enterprise systems in and out of the cloud.
- Security and Compliance: Ensure alignment between security architecture frameworks, standards, and overall IT strategy.
- Cross Team Collaboration: Guide efforts across internal teams to analyze, design and add efficiency to the delivery of managed services to internal and external customers.
- Automation Framework: Participate in the design and improvement of automation frameworks like Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Code Review: Participate in code reviews of in-use languages to ensure best practices are adhered to.
- Team Work: Contribute using Agile/SCRUM framework
- Escalation: Participate in off hours maintenance and escalations
Skills and Requirements:
- 10+ years of delivering Web Services, using languages, formats and deployment patterns including RESTful APIs, SOAP, JSON, containers, etc.
- 10+ years’ experience implementing a production IaaS or SaaS environment.
- 5+ years delivering cloud solution designs, installation, and configuration using automation tools including Terraform and Jenkins.
- Experience with AWS services such as IAM, EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, VPC, ECS/EKS, Migration Services, and Beanstalk and providing highly available, secure, and reliable services.
- Hands-on cloud migration and methodology experience.
- Experience integrating 3rd party solution providers and Direct Connect services.
- A DevOps mindset to build and deploy high available and scalable infrastructure.
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect - Professional, Specialty or similar
- Microsoft technologies (Windows Server 2019 and MS SQL)
- Scripting experience (e.g., PowerShell, Python)
- Linux and 3rd party providers, i.e. AppDynamics, SolarWinds, Splunk
- Understanding of networking and storage principals
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information. This role cannot be performed by a resident of New York City, NY.