Vestmark Advisory Solutions (VAS) is expanding its advisory and asset management services and has an opening for an experienced individual in the retail SMA order generation and trade execution arena.
The VAS Trader is primarily responsible for implementing trades to Manager Models. The models are proprietary and 3rd party. This position supports SMA, MSP, and Model Only/UMA sponsors and managers and maintaining the underlying accounts. In addition, this role handles trade order management, pre- and post-trade servicing, and ensuring trades are submitted and executed.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvements in trading process and efficiency
- Process client model change requests by generating the across-the-board (ATB) block trade orders required to affect the model changes, within the client sponsor, while performing all related controls to mitigate risk.
- Process maintenance requests (new accounts, cash flows, terminations, tax harvests, etc.) by rebalancing accounts as instructed and routing the resulting trade orders for execution, within the client sponsor, while performing all related controls to mitigate risk.
- Communicate client model changes to Model Only/UMA sponsors in accordance with the ATB trade order rotation, within client SLAs, while performing all related controls to mitigate risk.
- Perform Trading Services on behalf of Clients to assist connectivity between Vestmark and Sponsors.
- Responsible for all aspects of trade operations including trade order management, execution review and reconciliation on trades generated by the portfolio management team across Vestmark and its enterprise clients’ platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 0-3 years of experience in the Separately Managed Account (SMA) or wealth management industry
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail, self-motivated, good work ethics, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of the Vestmark, CG Trade Connect, Fiserv APL, Fiserv MMS, Placemark Model Management, Envestnet Manager Portal.
- Teamwork – We before me-- Puts needs of the team first and aspires to bring out the best in others; collaborative, empathetic, and humble; values the opinions of others; assists others when needed; participate effectively as a member of a team; balances personal contributions and needs with those of other members of the team to achieve common objectives.
- Knowledge Explorer – Creative problem solver and adapts to challenges at hand using creative collaboration; curious, proactive, and resourceful; able to incorporate other viewpoints as part of the process of developing solutions
- Positive Energy – Ability to address difficult situations with humor and sense of opportunity; approachable, constructive and engaged
- Own It – Ability to be accountable for results and follow through to completion.
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.
This role cannot be performed by a resident of New York City, NY.