Staff Accountant (Hybrid)
The Staff Accountant is responsible for overseeing general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions. The Staff Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a basic knowledge of accounting principles to drive month-end process, maintain controls and help create efficiencies and process improvements. The ideal candidate has experience collaborating in a team environment.
- Ensure accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting tasks
- Verify, allocate, and approve all accounts payable transactions
- Reconcile account balances, maintain general ledger and prepare month-end close procedures
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Produce accounting reports/statements and present their results
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Communicate with Finance Manager and Accounting Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 0-2 years accounting experience (experience in public accounting is a plus)
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, documentation skills, and research and resolution skills
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Capable of meeting assigned deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Honesty, strong ethical standards and integrity are a must
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.
Something looks off?