Biz Ops Manager
Clerkie is a dedicated financial coach that has helped over 3M Americans achieve their financial goals. Our platform couples access to dedicated human financial specialists with a series of innovative, proprietary tools that automatically negotiate outstanding debts, including student loans, credit cards, and medical debts, and help people on their journey to financial stability.
Clerkie was founded in 2016 and is venture-backed by leading financial institutions like Citi, Flourish Ventures, and Vestigo Ventures.
Every day, we obsess about how we can provide the best possible experience and outcome for our users. Our goal is to create a lasting business, one that uses true innovation to rethink the financial journey for Americans.
We’re a group of hard-working professionals who are located across the US - 4 different time zones! We have a customer-first mindset and an appetite for getting stuff done. We’re looking for a superstar to help us deliver life-changing solutions to those who need them most. 💪
What we look for:
- You can pivot on the fly. Clerkie is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning.
- You appreciate direct communication and look for feedback. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener.
Why work for us:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Top-notch medical, dental, and vision
- 401k & retirement benefits
- Fully remote position
- Fantastic coworkers
- Annual destination company retreat (this year is Cabo San Lucas)
- You’ll have the opportunity to see how all aspects of the business operate and have the chance to be a part of a startup from the very beginning.
For this role, we’re looking for a Swiss army knife who can execute across both analytical and operation tasks
You will play a highly visible role within the organization, operationalizing Clerkie’s strategy across a variety of key initiatives and partnering with leaders across different functions including product, engineering, legal, etc. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize various sources and data; apply critical thinking & communication skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations through execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, understanding it, building a compelling strategy, and executing on it. You are naturally curious, a quick learner, and self-sufficient.
A typical week will likely be split in two main buckets: 1) support of regular weekly / monthly / quarterly analyses and reporting in support of the business and 2) special projects that require strategy, analysis, financial modeling, problem-solving, cross-functional project management, and more. Some of these projects include exploration of new markets / opportunities, definition of workplace strategy, application and management of various licensing processes, and more.
- Drive strategic initiatives in collaboration with senior management, managing end-to-end accountability from vision through planning and impact
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders on defining strategic initiatives to achieve growth ambition in prioritized focus areas, proactively identifying potential opportunities, gaps, needs, and actions
- Raise and track issues, remove barriers, resolve issues, and escalate to appropriate levels when required
- Build business cases and develop metrics to track progress in collaboration with functional stakeholders (e.g., Sales, Legal, Product teams)
- Define and oversee our workplace strategy, balancing our hybrid nature, desired culture, and cost
- Tackle urgent and difficult business problems as part of our growth
- Deliver findings, recommendations, and initiative statuses to executive and senior management
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of total professional experience with growing levels of responsibility and proven track record of leading cross-functional projects
- Experience in top-tier management consulting (e.g. McKinsey, Bain, BCG), investment banking, product strategy, or business operations in a tech company
- Technical aptitude to pick up new technology and tools
- Desire to work in a high-growth, fast-scaling company at the intersection of technology and finance
- Strong collaboration skills, but a recognition of the importance of execution
- Insatiable curiosity and a willingness to put in the time to master a craft
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task across projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to distill complex thoughts into simple, actionable recommendations; strong presence in front of senior executives
- Experience with an enterprise or scaling software company a plus but not required; prior understanding of software industry and operational growth desired
- Experience in consumer and personal finance, especially at a startup
- Basic knowledge of personal finance and the credit counseling industry
Other criteria and cultural fit
- Passion for Clerkie's mission of empowering everyday families to manage their finances and get out of debt
- Motivated, self-driven in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record demonstrating impact across several teams and/or organizations towards a common goal
- Extreme focus on the user with a healthy obsession for solving their needs
- Committed to being a part of something bigger than yourself
- Excitement for being a part of a small team where you will be expected to solve new challenges and learn new things everyday
Want to be a part of something bigger than yourself? Submit your resume and a brief note on why you’d be the best fit for Clerkie. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply!
Salary range: $90k - $150k
Note: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Something looks off?