Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager
Remote (East or Central Time Zones) - option for hybrid
Roots Automation is a leading InsurTech company, bringing together machine intelligence and human ingenuity in the form of advanced, intelligent AI-Powered Digital Coworkers.
Think of a Digital Coworker as your ideal team member – digitized. Our Digital Coworkers are built with advanced AI and can think, read and intuit like humans. They are pre-trained to understand and interact with data, documents, systems and processes commonly found in Insurance. Their knowledge base is perpetually expanding with learning federated across our Customers. Digital Coworkers are always on, ultra-secure and deliver ROI for our customers from day one.
About the Role
This role requires someone who has uncanny abilities when it comes to listening and translating needs between several groups, verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, and leading successful GTM programs. You thrive on successfully enabling sales, marketing, and product teams to deliver better business outcomes. You have multiple years of running product launches under your belt and you know how to get it done.
The Product Marketing Manager will be in charge of developing the overall product marketing strategy for the Roots Autonomous Workforce Platform (the Roots Platform), working closely with the Product team to craft new GTM motions in North America and serving as a leading marketing function within the territory.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the PMM will constantly bridge relevant information across product, marketing, sales, engineering and client-facing teams to improve alignment and maximize ARR. You will orchestrate precise alignment and messaging throughout all phases of marketing and sales initiatives, from planning to execution and monitoring.
We are looking for a team player with leadership capabilities, extensive experience in B2B marketing, and proven background as a skilled PMM in a SaaS company.
1. Strategic Product Positioning:
· Develop and implement product positioning, aligning the product with market needs, customer personas, and competitive landscape.
· Conduct thorough market research to identify key trends, customer pain points, and opportunities to differentiate the product.
2. Go-to-Market (GTM) Planning and Implementation:
· Lead the creation and execution of detailed GTM plans, collaborating cross-functionally with product management, sales, and marketing teams, to enable product growth leveraging a variety of B2B channels and activities, including events, acquisition campaigns, communities, analyst relations, sales enablement, etc.
· Define target customer segments, personas, messaging, and positioning strategies to drive successful product adoption in the market.
· Craft a cohesive product messaging and value proposition, and articulate fine-tunings along the sales funnel to create a holistic buying journey.
3. Market and Competitive Analysis:
· Continuously monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities, and industry developments to inform product strategy and identify areas for differentiation.
· Provide actionable insights to guide product roadmap decisions and respond effectively to changes in the competitive landscape.
4. Content Creation and Messaging:
· Develop compelling and consistent messaging for the Roots platform, ensuring it resonates with target audiences across various channels, including website content, marketing campaign collateral, and sales enablement materials.
· Work with the Content Team to create and manage a library of product-related content, such as case studies, white papers, and presentations, to support marketing and sales efforts.
5. Cross-Functional Collaboration:
· Collaborate cross-functionally with sales and account management teams to provide them with the necessary tools and materials for effective selling, including product guides, training, and competitive battle cards.
· Constantly work hand-in-hand with sellers to gather feedback, optimize the sales funnel, and bring in new business.
· Work closely with marketing, customer success, engineering and product teams to develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns, including digital marketing, events, and thought leadership initiatives.
· 5+ years of experience as a B2B PMM in a SaaS company.
· Demonstrable success in optimizing and growing the B2B sales funnel from both inbound and outbound perspectives (including lead generations and ABM activities support).
· Experience with building GTM strategies, hands-on sales collateral, and collaborating with content and design managers.
· Strategic thinker and result-driven individual with strong analytical skills.
· Proactive leader with an entrepreneurial approach and a can-do attitude.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and cross-group skills.
· Proven ability to grasp complex concepts and convert them into clear, consumable deliverables.
· Comfortable dealing with data – both to build data-driven narratives and using data to show/optimize results.
· Demonstrable success using marketing technology and automation systems such as HubSpot, Google Analytics or AI-content tools (e.g. Jasper, ChatGPT etc).
· Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple activities, prioritize projects and meet tight deadlines.
· A desire to work both at a strategic level and tactically on projects and campaigns.
· Excellent decision-making skills in regard to allocating resources.
· Self-motivated, hands-on and results-driven.
· Creative, innovative and always thinking outside the box.
· Degree educated.