Software Engineering, Data Science
Northville, MI, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Job DescriptionAn AI engineer contributes to Knowbl by researching and implementing conversational AI technology that drives interfaces with end users. This implementation is primarily focused on proving out technology and implementing easy-to-use APIs that can be exposed to the Knowbl platform. This role collaborates with the product team and other stakeholders to realize state-of-the-art AI technology to enable a great conversational experience for end users. ResponsibilitiesAn AI engineer at Knowbl:
- Builds AI prototypes aligned with high-level product requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the technology for production usage.
- Implements robust AI APIs and utilities to convert AI prototypes to production-ready features.
- Implements automated tests for their developed software.
- Extracts insights from production data to drive new technology.
- Participates in the team's code review process.
- Collaborates with product and other stakeholders to find high quality, deliverable solutions.
- Collaborates with front end engineers to integrate AI technology into the Knowbl platform.
- 3+ years of experience, preferably in industry, in software development.
- Experience working with AI systems.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or comparable experience.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Python.
- Experience collaborating with a team of engineers.
- Research experience, particularly in conversational AI.
- Experience taking AI technology to production settings.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to find a balance between timeline and functionality.
- Experience taking ownership of mission critical components, from start to finish.
- Experience with containerization technology.
- Experience with development in a Linux environment.
- Experience with common DevOps tools for version control and CI/CD.