Senior Software Engineer
Climate Club is the carbon emissions reduction platform that leading enterprise companies use to drive sustainability across every department and every role. Our software platform is purpose-built to enable companies to engage and activate their employees to accelerate Net Zero targets and drive real business value. We work with some of the most recognizable organizations in the world to help them maximize the impact of their climate actions across their business, and are creating a new, exciting category at the intersection of enterprise software and climate tech.
The Senior Software Engineer will participate in the technical build out of our initial product with a hyper-focus on innovation and rapid iteration. Climate Club is seeking an exceptional engineering talent that is profoundly committed to helping individuals and companies make major shifts to address climate change, who can create and scale high growth SaaS products while helping cultivate a dynamic company culture.
The right person for this role will be a highly internally motivated technical contributor, with strong experience shipping production level code with strong back end competency. It is important that you have an understanding of, and can manage, the end-to-end lifecycle of a development project, from local development and version control, through to both front end and back end development, server setups and management, as well as deployment and maintenance processes. Being an integral part of a small startup, it is also important that you have the ability to prioritize and focus and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences. Most of all, you’re interested in using your engineering capabilities to make a foundational contribution to our mission of reversing climate change.
Building out our user-facing applications, as well as administrative dashboards and B2B interfaces for our MVP product. Your main projects will include:
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle; technical analysis and design, development, and unit test phases.
- Ability to identify, deliver and drive improvements and innovations within the development area.
- Compile and review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution
- Ensure all aspects of good design and construction are delivered
- Working on backend nodejs APIs, react web UIs, and docker-based infrastructure
- Manage AWS infrastructure including but not limited to databases, servers and serverless functions
- Participate in database schema design changes
The right candidate will feel comfortable suggesting the right technology stack for our required use cases, and you are encouraged to speak up where you see opportunities for further iteration.
A Few Things We’re Looking For
- Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in both enterprise application development and 0 to 1 start-up phase development
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- You have the ability to debug hard problems at every level of the stack, i.e. you can debug a web application problem single-handedly all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues
- Experience with both B2B and B2C application development
- Experience working with Postgres in a production grade environment
- Experience building and managing a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with Nest.js
We know that innovation thrives on teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.
- Generous options in our early stage startup for key members of the team
- Working among a diverse, expert team at the forefront of climate tech, behavioral change, and people technology
- Opportunity to make a foundational contribution to our mission: shifting individuals and leading companies towards more responsible climate behaviors, consumption and activities
- Remote-first work environment with No-Meeting Wednesdays
- Robust benefits including full medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k and sustainability benefit ($1,000 annually to spend on increasing personal sustainability)